Friday, January 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMIE MAGGIE!!!

Today is Grammie Maggie's birthday - it's a BIG one! We'll be celebrating this weekend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMIE!!!

I don't have any major updates on Olivia (and no pictures). She is doing really well - she had a great time last weekend spending the entire weekend with Aunt Kate & Uncle Kurt and her cousins Julia and Jimmy. Olivia talks about Julia all the time, and says her extremely well. I think that she had a great time - she even taught Jimmy a new trick (how to open the office door). Aunt Kate was not very pleased with that lesson. :)

Olivia is getting so much personality and is so fun to interact with. She is very opinionated (I wonder where she got that). She will be 18 months old next week!

Here is a list of the words that she can say:
Mama, Daddy
Hi, Hello
Bye
Dog
Outside
Rusty
Shadow
Grammie
Papa
Papi
Julia
Kate
Meris (our friends' daughter - pronounced Mayis)
Please
Yes
NO!
Show (to watch Happy Feet)
Gloria & Mumble (characters in Happy Feet)
Read
Book
Marley (from her Marley & Me book)
Milk
Water
Food
Eat
Bite
Drink
Juice (not sure why - we don't give her juice)
Yuck!
Plane
Train
Duck
Snow
Hot
Cold
Cheerio (no "s" on the end - it's singular in her world)
cookie
I see you
Run
Baby
Guys (her Backyardigans are her guys)
Potty
Teeth
Ear
Head
Toes
Eyes
Nose
Mine (this is one of her favorites)

I think that's the list. It's really no wonder with us as parents that this little girl has so much to say! In two weeks, she'll have her 18 month checkup - so I'll have weight and height stats for you then. She has 11 teeth - and I can see 3 more that are trying to come through.

She is really the best thing that has ever happened to us! She brings us so much joy and satisfaction out of life. I am so blessed to have her for a daughter.

In other updates - Olivia has 2 new cousins (3rd cousins -but still cousins). My cousin Becky (and her husband Mike) gave birth to Kiera Meredith on December 28th (Great Grammie's birthday). Kiera weighed in at 9lbs 1 oz. My cousin Jeff's wife, Rachel, gave birth to Joshua Walters on January 14th. Joshua (also known as JoJo) weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 2 oz. Congrats ladies on the birth of your toddlers, I mean babies! :) WOW - babies that big are a whole new birth experience!

I'll work to get some more pictures up this weekend (I know her Northern Grandparents and her Southern Grandma are always itching for the most recent pictures).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You missed a word on the list...I heard it myself yesterday. TOUCHDOWN!!! Grandma (the Florida one)