Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where did my little baby go?


Yesterday was such a nice day out, I decided to take Olivia out for a walk. Since it was so sunny out, we put on one of Julia's sun hats, which was a bit small, but looked cute just the same. Then we decided to protect her eyes with the sunglasses from Aunt Marcy & Uncle Chuck. She really doesn't seem to mind the sunglasses, and leaves them alone.





Part way through our walk, we met up with Melissa and Meris. Meris kept peeking out the side of the Burley (the cart that Meris rides in) to see Olivia. It was just a little over 70 degrees, and it felt great!











Olivia didn't deal with the sun hat for long, so we put up her hood, because it was pretty windy.













When we got home, Liv seemed to be tired, but she was revived after dinner, and decided to take on an obstacle course (under the kitchen table). She was trying to maneuver around the chairs, and table.







Then at one point, Olivia was walking on all fours like she was in the Jungle Book! She is so much fun!













And she finally made it through the course! YEAH!!!!











WHERE DID MY LITTLE BABY GO?
After Liv got home from daycare today, I changed her and put her in her crib, which has always been my "safe place" to put her while I wash my hands. I wasn't gone for more than a minute, but when I came back, this is what I found!


This was the look on her face when I walked back in with the camera. It was almost as if she wanted me to take her picture, as she laughed at me.

Yes, Liv is standing up in her crib. No, I didn't leave her like that, nor did I prop her up. She started pulling herself up this week. She did once on Monday, and once yesterday, and then today, she did it five times at day care, and to my surprise, once as soon as I got home with her.
Not only is this little girl on the move crawling, but now she is moving to new heights (pun intended). We will now have to clear off anything at Liv's new level. The end tables will become bare. I don't even want to think about the entertainment center. Right now it is blocked with her toy bins, but I can see her moving the bins to get to Travis' electronics.

It looks like things are quickly changing in our house. I realize that this is a good thing, and all part of her development, but it saddens me. I miss the little infant who would coo and just wanted to sleep on my chest. Now she pushes away to get on the floor and move. As I miss the little one, I'm so looking forward to this next stage. Life is moving a little too quickly for my liking these days.


1 comment:

Kristi "Fields" Stewart said...

Libby, your little girl is beautiful! It's good to see all the updates. Yay for blogs! :)
Miss you, ~Kris