I had experienced a lot of Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) with Olivia and again with Fletcher. They weren't painful, but you could feel them. I was working from home on the 15th, and had my 39 week appointment later in the afternoon. I had noticed that I was having a LOT of BH contractions. I tried to pay attention to how frequent, but I was working and didn't keep very good track. But I could tell they were coming about every 3-7 minutes. But still, nothing painful.
I went to my doctor's appointment. Fletcher's heartbeat was sounding great! The doctor then informed me that he was going to be on vacation next week. I told him that wasn't allowed! I then told him about the contractions I'd been having all day. He decided to check me to see if I had progressed from the previous week. I was only 1 cm at my 38 week appointment. So, he checked me and I had progressed to 3cm. He determined I was in early labor. WOW! A whole week early! So, he asked how far away Travis was and how quickly he could get here. He said, if you want, we can just have you come up to the hospital and I'll break your water and get this thing done tonight. YEAH!!! I was so glad that my doctor was on duty and would be able to deliver Fletcher.
So, I asked if I could go home and get my things, and they said that would be fine. I headed home, called Travis, Kate and my mom to let them know what was going on. I went and picked up Olivia from school, so I could say goodbye to her before I left. Fred and Sue came over and kept Olivia overnight for us. The picture below is the last photo of us as a family of three! We left for the hospital just after this.


No comments:
Post a Comment