We finally arrived at the hospital around 5:30pm. They started my IV for the
GBS by 6pm. They monitored my contractions which were every 3 minutes, but they were not intense at all. I could feel them, but they didn't bother me at all. I had to have the antibiotics for 4 hours.

At 10:15, Dr. F came in and broke my water. Within 15 minutes, my contractions started to become intense. We asked for the epidural right away! Unfortunately their paging system was down, and the anesthesiologist never got the page. So, I sat there and waited, one hard contraction after another. Finally she arrived around 11:30pm, and shortly after midnight, I felt fantastic! So great, that we all decided to take a nap!
The nurse came back in to check me at 1:45am, and I was 6-7 cm. She thought that my bladder felt full, and since I couldn't feel it with the epidural, they emptied my bladder for me. At 2:10am, I felt the contractions again. So, the nurse decided to check me again, and I was at 9 1/2. They started prepping the room for delivery. Mom, Kate, Travis and I were quickly awake, realizing that we were almost there! At 2:25am, I could feel my contractions more and more and had that feeling that I was ready to push. She checked me again, and I was a full 10cm and ready to go!
I only pushed 5 or 6 times, and Fletcher arrived! He came very quickly. Even Dr. F almost didn't make it into the room in time. He got there, just in time to catch Fletcher. Kate & Travis were worried that they were going to have to catch him.

He was a little blue upon arrival, but pinked up pretty quickly.

Born at 2:52am on Tuesday, February 16, weighing in at 7lbs. 6oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. He was a full pound heavier and a full inch longer than his sister was at birth!

Travis checking out his new boy!

We're so happy he is here!


Dr. F.

Olivia was excited to come visit us in the hospital. Luckily the hospital had just lifted the ban on visitors to the mother/baby unit, due to H1N1. I was so glad she got to meet her brother in the hospital.

She even walked down the hall with us. She insisted on helping me push his bassinet.

Since Fletcher was born in the middle of the night, we didn't get to ring the bell when he was born (plays a
nursery rhyme throughout the hospital, indicating another baby was born). So, we took Olivia down to the L&D unit so she could ring the bell for the chime. The nurse behind Olivia was my nurse when I delivered Olivia. She was FANTASTIC!!!

Great
Grammie with her newest great-grandson

Our new and improved family of four!

We are so happy to have Fletcher home with us. We went through some struggles to get to him, but they were all worth it. The miscarriages paved the way so that he would be here. Without those trials, he would not be here, and I'm so thankful that he is! It was all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment