Our days of being able to put her down on her blanket, and come back to her in the same spot are OVER! I told Rusty this weekend, that his days of reigning over our domain, are over. There's a new princess in town, and she's on the move! Rusty has proven to be a great source of motivation for Olivia. She wants to get to wherever he is laying. And when she gets to him, she proceeds to "pet" him. It's so great that he is such a good sport (as evidenced by the photos).
Yes, I realize that all of Liv's grandparents (especially her grandmothers), are reading this blog, and saying "Why did you let my baby lay in there crying? And you left her there long enough to take a picture?" Yes, I did. It was cute.
In the midst of all of this new found freedom Olivia has found, she has also been battling the bugs. She had a low grade temp for a few days, when we took her to the doctor on Thursday, but all was well. But last night, Liv was not being herself and ended up awake and crying for quite a few hours in the night (not like my wonderful little sleeper at all). So, Travis (who stayed up with her until 2am) took her to the doctor today, and she has a full blown ear infection and had to be put on breathing treatments for her chest congestion.
I'm lucky to have such a wonderful husband who enjoys fatherhood so much. He took the day off today to take care of Liv, because I had a meeting that I had to attend. He'll likely be off tomorrow with her as well. I'm so grateful that he is so hands on that I don't have to leave instructions for him when I leave.
In other news, Travis has an interview with the Michigan Department of Corrections next month. As many of you know, Travis has been contemplating a move. So, we'll see what this brings his way. As he has gotten excited, tonight there was a news report of part of the Southern Michigan Prison (which we live just a mile from) closing down. This was frustrating for Travis, but there are still4 other prisons on the same property. So, we'll see what the interview brings.


1 comment:
Good luck bro! I always knew you'd have a future in the prison system! ;)
Post a Comment