Well, our little girl is not feeling so good. Over the weekend, she was not the perky girl that we're used to. It looks as if she has rota-virus again. Over the weekend, she had it coming out at both ends. By Sunday, I was also sick, this is a pretty contagious virus. Luckily Travis has been able to stay healthy, and I'm feeling back to normal. We thought she was on the mend, and we sent her to school on Monday. Well...after she vomited on 3 people, they sent her home. Nothing like being 9 months old and already getting kicked out of school...but hey, that's my girl!
I
took her to see her doctor, and she was slightly dehydrated, and therefore they gave us two options. We could either take her home and replenish her fluids using pedialite, but if she got worse overnight, then we would have to take her to the ER. Last time, we did try to do it ourselves, but she got to a point where she was throwing up the pedialite. And our ER seems to just take forever, and wasn't much help last time.
Our second option was to take her to the hospital right then, and have an IV started, so that they could give her 1 bag, and quickly replenish her fluids. Not my favorite option (the IV last time was pretty hard on mommy), but I knew that it would likely be the best option. We weren't admitted, and were only up there for about 2 1/2 hours. She perked right back up. Luckily my mom came up there, and went into the room with the nurses to administer the IV (I couldn't do this a second time).
Between Travis and I, we have been switching off taking time off to take care of the girl. She is slowly but surely getting better. Travis is off today with her, and his mom will be here tomorrow. Her trip from Florida was scheduled perfectly! Hopefully Liv will be in a better mood. Speaking of her mood...we also know why she has been so cranky along with this sickness...she is sprouting teeth. That's right, I didn't say a tooth, but teeth. We can see at least 1 on the bottom, and 1 on top. But then again the mili-second amount of time that she gives us to look, we couldn't tell if there were two on the bottom. But the one looked big. So, we'll see. We've also figured that blowing in her face makes her smile a big gummy smile, so we can sneak a peak. But I think she's onto us...
The pics are of Liv sleeping on Travis (the only place she's comfy, is sleeping on one of us). And of her after her bath last night. She looked like a little pod snuggled up to her daddy.
We're looking forward to a beautiful weekend, with a full time baby sitter! We have major yard work to do, including digging holes to plan over 100 bushes. It is going to be a busy weekend. But I'm sure that Grandma Betty is looking forward to having Liv all to herself for most of her trip! She hasn't seen Liv since she was 2 months old. Liv has a few new tricks to show Grandma!


No comments:
Post a Comment