Sunday, May 11, 2008

landscaping project

It seems that each year, we have another project for the house. This spring our projects are the landscaping and the basement. Below are the pictures of our landscaping. I really think it turned out well and exactly how I wanted it. I'll be adding in flowers once the weather is warmer.

We did the castle wall and most of the dirt last fall. Then, we had another 3 yards of dirt delivered and my dad brought over some of that great compost to mix in for our plants! Thank goodness that my dad has one of those John Deere tractors - he brought it right over and we had all the dirt moved in no time! Travis put the shutters up, and then we planted (mom & Aunt Marcy actually did the majority of the work). The following weekend, Travis and I put in the lighting, capstones and the mulch. We were really happy to finally have some curb appeal to our home.

You can probably tell from the clouds, that a storm was coming. We had over 20 mph winds that day and we put mulch down. Not the best time to do it unless you like little pieces of mulch in your eyes! :)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great moment of reading blogs.